I learned so much this summer. There are several main concepts that are working for me. At the start of each class period, I have a "Question of the Day- Bell Ringer" posted for my students to answer with a 5 sentence paragraph. The Question does not necessarily relate to the subject matter of the class that day, but it is a question that engages my students to write. This activity assists me greatly in performing intial housekeeping for the class period.
Another concept that is working for me is to utilize the rubric of I explain it, you explain it before the students engage in an assignment or activity. The students know what they are expected to do and are able to refresh or inform their classmates of the assignment/activity. They are able to ask three and never have to ask me.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1