I can really only write about the roles and responsibilities of the guidance counselors at my school as they are the only ones I have had the privilege to work with. My impression of their daily activities is one of a multi tasked, on the spot parenting, shoulder to cry on disaster fixer who occasionally gets to work with an upperclassman trying to get accepted into a college. This group does it all. They are versed on specific do and don’ts for easier entry into most colleges and universities. These individuals are also keenly aware of social indicators that can manifest if a child is having personal issues. Many times, they are the ones that get to speak to the student about either school or social issues BEFORE a parent even knows something may be going on. I hold these people in high regard as I watch them attack and defeat issue after issue. I know what they are supposed to do, but, what their actual roles and responsibilities are is much more.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1