At the end of my first year, I started to just get familiar with my career pathway--Law and Justice. Then, I attended a conference in the summer where I was informed everything was changing. All the sudden my program area became a career cluster and the name changed to Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security. Then, my pathway became Law Enforcement Services. And as I was just getting familiar with the curriculum and standards, they changed them, but wait just for one course. So now I have new standards for my introductory course which overlap with the old standards for my second course. Therefore, I feel like I am starting over again. Not too mention how I am supposed to juggle overlapping standards in two courses. And if that wasn't enough, I will get a new course next year and the following year. My fellow CTAE teachers say not to worry that they went through this same thing just a few years ago, but I am struggling. Trying to figure all this out on top of TKES, IEPs, RTI, SST, and NTI--I am drowning. They say change is good...to be continued.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1