I was surprised this week when I announced to the class that there would be a Classroom Manager postion and 5 people raised their hands to indicate that they wanted the position. I ended up having to interview them. I was surprised by their answers. They all were very professional and gave great answers. I had to call 3 of them back for "second" interviews. The day after the Classroom Manager and the Public Relations Manager had been "hired", I asked the Classroom Manager to pass out papers. We had also been using colored pencils that day. The PR Manager asked if he could collect the pencils, so I agreed, not realizing that WWIII was about to break out. When the Classroom Manager saw the PR Manager doing his job, he demanded an explanation. The two of them began to argue over which position had which job responsibilties. I was overjoyed that they had taken their responsibilities so seriously and I was equally amused. Luckily, I thought of a quick explanation as to why it was acceptable for the PR Manager to assist by collecting the colored pencils. Not only did they accept my explanation, but I noticed today that the Classroom Manager was giving the PR Manager helpful tips on how to answer the classroom phone.....H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!!!
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1