Counselors are great assets to the educational system! After reading the required websites, I examined that the role and responsibilities of the school counselor has not changed drastically over the years. Guidance counselors today however, assume many different responsibilities and tasks based on the needs of students and school district. Many counselors have backgrounds in teaching which allows them to effectively improve student achievement.
Today, school counselors still help students make responsible decisions, mediate problems, deal with traumatic losses, develop a sense of respect for themselves and others, and assist students to plan for college, work, post- secondary training, and lifelong learning. Students at my school seek advice from our counselors in all of these areas. I strongly believe school counselors plays and integral part of the school staff and my impressions of their profession is highly respected.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1