Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
After reading the links provided all I can really say is "Wow". I had no idea how much the Guidance Counselors are responsible for. The name should be changed to Guidance and Counseling to better explain what they do. I was vaguely aware of some of the responsibilities but the research brought it into the clear. The guidance counselors serve as social counselor ,behavior counselor, student to teachers liaison, student to parent liaison and teacher to parent liaison along with providing academic and career guidance.They have a ton of responsibility and I know I would need counseling after a couple of weeks doing the job they are required to do. I am also impressed that the GADOE site shows how soon the elementary counselors start preparing students for CTE.