Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Saturday, November 10, 2012
A Do over...
I think as I continue to teach, I seem to find little things all the time that I would do over. One example from this past week that I would like to do over (or do differently next time) would be to first, keep the name and number of the substitute teachers that really keep my classes "in order" when I am out. Secondly, I will request them much further out for the day or days that I need one. I had to be out for a conference and had two different subs for the two days I was out. Upon my return I found that the first substitute was a "laissez-faire" type teacher and the second one was much strictor. The productivity of the two different days was very obvious as well as the comments on the behavior of my students. I now have to figure out what to do with the students that completed their assignment and what to do with those that did not. This is for all 6 of my classes! I did not know and now do know that there is a way in which we can ask for a particular substitute teacher and I will ask for one much sooner than I have in the past in order to ensure that I get that good sub. Another lesson learned and something I will certainly handle differently!