What surprised you the most this week at school and why? (This could be something about your own reactions to what went on, or something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
Beyond just my regular teaching duties, I also play a big role in the Technology Student Association. When I was hired it was made very clear to me that this would be a part of my job description and that I needed to be prepared to spend a lot of time working with it. I did it last year and it is a lot of work, that the Career Academy has opened I have been put in charge of training the other three engineering teachers in the county about how to run a TSA program. This week I was surprised that despite my email reminders, and face to face discussions that no other teachers in the county signed up any kids for the association nor did they encourage any of them to attend the upcoming field trip. I confided in my assistant principal and previous mentor and it seems that it will be my place to talk to these teachers and find ways to not only get the kids involved but also these teachers.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1