My personal belief as to the media, newspapers, magazines, radio and the World Wide Web being equal is simply NO. Throughout the opportunities given to us to learn one becomes aware that quite often a writer’s personal opinions are interwoven within the text being reported. Within personal experience of learning, I believe online learning is a key to learn with a more open mind on most subjects. This opportunity is due to there being ready access to digital literacy, thus having access to information literacy. To be successful with this style of learning, one must develop new skills. It certainly is necessary to see, read, find, and these are just a few abilities one must develop to be successful with online learning. Information literacy must be evaluated by the user, which many times can only be done by extensive or sometimes a little research. This is definitely some of the skills along with the ability to decide what is current and what material is not up-to-date. When my students do research for a project, report, essay I require their websites (sources) to be listed. Then if there is a question to what is being reported, we can go back to the referenced website.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1