Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Saturday, February 5, 2011
The statements I will post are strictly based on my observations of our school counselor. The role of the counselor to me is to make sure students are placed in classes that will allow them to graduate in a timely manner. And I would think the counselor would help the student monitor their progress in their classes as well. For high school that would mean to be able to graduate within four years. I also think they are responsible for making changes in the student's schedule if possible, if a student is having a hard time in a particular class.I believe the counselor should help the student select a class that will allow the student to be successful. I believe another responsibility of a counselor is to refer students to agencies who might be in dangerous/abusive situations at home. In other words if the teacher suspects some type of abuse, I believe the counselor would be the first line of defense to help a student in this situation, once it is brought to their attention. I know there are several other duties of a counselor that I did not mention but those mentioned are the duties that I have observed the counselor at my school participate in.