Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Sunday, February 6, 2011
My impression of the role and responsibilities of guidance counselors have changed mainly due to my ignorance. Just the fact that I did not understand their full role and responsibilities. It is much more than meets the eye. I was quite impressed with the amount of training and practicum hours required. A person can truly understand some one's job or role once they are informed about what it takes to do their job. Counselor's are not just advocates for the student, but plays an integral role with the community by coordinating resources with the school to meet the developmental needs of the student.