This past summer I implemented a color coded system to my class room. I purchased crates, folders, dividers, and other sundry items in bright blue, red, and green. In the previous semester I had a problem with students forgetting their folders so the large crates (color coded for each class - blue 1st period, red 2 nd period, green 4 th period) are placed in front of the white board and students can now leave their folders in these crates at the end of class if needed or take them home as needed. The folders I use to put in all printed handouts and assignments for each class - just like our NTI binder but not as detailed.
This system has added color to the class room and has solved the problem of students not having a binder in class on a daily basis. I have random notebook checks and give a grade after check is completed. This grade is placed in the grade book. Quite a few students had all the work in - some did not. This was a success for me, maybe you all can try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1