I would say to my replacement with the straightest face possible.... (hidden with slight sniggles and giggles).."Enter at your own Risk". I say this because with the ever-changing state of our school systems across the country, what I thought I knew about education does not measure no where close to what actually goes on in education. When I first started I was gun ho and high-strung with the idea of educating our youth. Preparing them to enter into the field of law enforcement. What I later learned was half of them had entered through the backdoor; (open cases, probation, parole, criminal activity, etc) they knew more than I expected them to (Urban Legends and ALL). The administration is not as supportive to CTAE as they could be and we receive all of the students that no one else wants. While I love the kids, "the sludge travels from upstream". They are excellent and quite fun to deal with while the administration is a monster.
I would tell them that teaching is like running a business...you may not make a profit, see your growth, or get into your groove until the third year. Then you will be able to see for yourself if this is the profession for you.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1