I can think of a lot more pro's than con's about my experience with Elluminate. When I first learned of it back in the summer it scared me because it was new and I did not understand it.
After being walked through it and using it for a while I have become more comfortable with it.
It has allowed us to learn from each other and to come together as a group, when we might not
have been able to otherwise. It does seem a bit cold at times without actually being able to see
and be in the same room as each other, but it is the closest thing available. I do not think the white board is all it is cracked up to be, but it serves as a good platform for power point and
other examples of work. Getting knocked off right in the middle of class is a draw back, but
I have always been able to log right back on. I think the technology is great and all I can see is that it will just get better and better. I look forward to Tuesday evenings beacause I always learn something and it is my night for ordering out. I agree with a lot more of the post I have read than disagree. I think for the most part we seem to have all learned and that is what Elluminate was made for, right? It is a great learning tool and it has made it possible and a lot more convenient for the entire class.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1