Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
My Contribution to the Fight for Perkins Funds.
I believe that Educators must continually fight for Perkins Funds because, from my experience, highly skilled tradespersons are in high demand. Also from the hard trades perspective tools are not made to last forever. Upkeep and replacement of tools are a constant battle. Furthermore, it's important to expose the students to the most current building materials and hardware as possible. In order to compete in today's marketplace, knowledge of Green building practices are becoming an everyday requirement. I am currently researching materials for building solar voltaic cell panels. These are technologies of the future. It is very important for tradepersons here in the US are able to compete in the global marketplace. I will try to form my lessons with that in mind.