Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Item #2 How has the role of guidance counselors changed?
They role of counselors has changed drastically of the years As in the described in materials I read , since the turn of the century mentoring as always been a intricate part of education as far back as early Greece and even during ancient Rome . Vocational Education started in the early nineteen hundreds . In all actually the education reform began with the "sweat shops " during the "Great Depression" was the where counseling and guidance took education reform to a whole different level. Children where force to work in harsh labor situation to support and feed their families . Currently children do work in Labor situation whoever these situation are to better the students academics while allowing, the students to transfer their learning in education to industry , The horrid conditions of the past are long gone . and the role of guidance counselors have now changed since the turn of the century , the Counselors of today are much more student centered , school centered and industry centered . They also have a great responsibilitiy to chart, track and monitor student acheivement.