I have learned that there are parents that will support the teachers and there are parents that will always support their children. Overall I have encountered the parents that will support me. They want to help their child as much as I do but sometimes the child just does not want to be helped. The tough thing about parents is they want nothing but the best for their child but sometimes it is very difficult to give that one on one attention to each student. I have spoken to several parents and we will brainstorm ideas to help their child but it can be difficult to do all that we plan just because of timing.
I am glad that parents are overall supportive of the teachers but it is difficult when you encounter one that is not. The parents that will do anything to avoid blaming themselves or their child. I have only had a few of these types of parents but it is more harmful than helpful to their child if they work against the teachers rather than with them.
Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1