Rules For Posting To This Blog and Weekly Blog Question
2. Show respect and consideration of others when posting and commenting. This includes individuals, students, organizations, political parties, colleagues, etc.
3. Check all posts for spelling and grammar errors before posting.
4. Protect the privacy of others. Gain permission from other people before you write about them. Avoid sharing someone else's last name. Use job titles or pseudonyms when writing about experiences with your co-workers or students.
5. Watch your language. Use politically correct and non-offensive language.
6. Make sure you write about things that are factual.
7. Keep your postings education-oriented. Avoid discussing plans for the weekend, etc.
FINAL BLOG POST - OUR "DAILY TRIPLE" (DUE 12/1).
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 6
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 5
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 4
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 3
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 2
Fall Semester 2016 Blog Post - Week 1
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Finding a Balance
This week was interesting. I started to really listen to conversations of other teachers and tried to be aware of all the different personalities on our staff. These observations made me more self aware and helped me focus on what I feel is important. I have let go of somethings at school which were above and beyond the call of duty. For several days prior to this week I felt tremedous guilt about letting go of these things. Being more aware of others has led me to unburden the load of guilt. I have experienced the grace of allowing myself to achieve but not having to be the overachiever. I've stood up to what I think is reasonable and that's a good thing. Making it in the classroom for the long haul, in my case, absolutely requires time to stay healthy, enjoy family and friends outside work, and give the kids the best I can offer within that framework.